Saturday, January 3, 2009

Conquering Fear of Heights (one scary, tall, huge rock formation at a time)

There are three short videos below that show some of our hiking, climbing, and huffing-and-puffing to the top of East Mesa in Rock Point. Mark stopped the car at the side of the road 45 minutes before we were supposed to be meet Carol Schneider (Executive Director at Rock Point) at the school and said - LET'S HIKE!

Let me note that I am (1) not a risk-taker in my life and (2) afraid of heights. But this is 2009 and with the constant encouragement of Emily and Alyssa, and the Adam's 'catching' role, we made it.

The first one below is us hiking across the rocky terrain to the mesa.

The second video below is my embarassing huffing-and-puffing narration of what we've just climbed and (I scarily realize) how much more we are actually going to go. Yes, the destination is the top!!

This third video is taken from the top (!!) of the formation. I can't believe I made it to the top.

I do feel like I have accomplished something really overwhelming in my life. It's an amazing feeling! Who knows what I'll do next? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment